March 2020. Latest update: May 2023
A reference to "Open Nuclear Network", "ONN", "we", "us", "our" or the "Organization" is a reference to Open Nuclear Network, a programme of One Earth Future Austria, a subsidiary of One Earth Future Foundation.
1. Processing Activities Covered
- visiting our offices;
- receiving communications from us;
- registering for our events;
- participating in community and open source development.
Our websites may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services are governed by the third-party privacy policies, which we encourage you to review to better understand those third parties' privacy practices.
3. Responsible Open Nuclear Network Entity
4. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
The Personal Data that we collect directly from you may be collected through the following:
- if you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our "Contact Us" or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as, but not limited to, your full name, nationality, job title, job type, job entity, mailing address, phone number, email address.
- if you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, social media profiles, entity details and areas of expertise;
- if you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies, such as IP-addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data (view the "What device and usage data we process" section below);
- if you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and provide your name, email address, phone number, job entity and time and date of arrival.
5. What Device and Usage Data We Process
We use common information-gathering tools, such as log files, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain Personal Data, from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our websites or interact with emails we have sent you.
- Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically via log files. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, your location, your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage. This information is used to analyse overall trends, to help us provide and improve our websites and to guarantee their security and continued proper functioning. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the services as part of the Company's security features.
- Cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies
We also use web beacons on our websites. For example, we may place web beacons in notification emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such tracking technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications and to track the clicking of links or opening of emails. All cookies placed by Open Nuclear Network expire after 12 months.
- Opt in to collection of device and usage data and opt out
You may opt in to the collection of device and usage data (see "What device and usage data we process" section above) by managing your cookies at the individual browser level. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies and similar technologies used on our websites, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
- Social media features
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook "like" button, the "Tweet" button and other sharing widgets ("Social Media Features"). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third-party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to our websites with your social media profile.
Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
6. Purposes for Which We Process Personal Data and the Legal Bases
We collect, process your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal bases as follows:
- Providing our websites: We base the processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interests to operate and administer our websites and to provide you with content you access and request.
- Managing user registrations: We will process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing the contract with you according to any applicable terms of service.
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a "Get Updates" web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfil your request and communicate with you.
- Developing and improving our websites: We will process your Personal Data to analyse trends and track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our websites and to provide our users with more relevant and interesting content.
- Sending communications: We will process your Personal Data to send you the latest updates about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our services, or events to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent (please also view "Your rights relating to your Personal Data" section below to learn how you can control how your Personal Data is processed by Open Nuclear Network).
- Complying with legal obligations: We will process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with judicial proceedings, court order, or legal process and/or to respond to lawful requests.
- Where we need to collect and process Personal Data by law or under a contract we have entered into with you and you fail to provide that required Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract.
7. With Whom Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
Our contracted service providers that provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, research and analytics, customer support and data enrichment, whose names, addresses and contact information are reproduced below. Such service providers comprise companies located in the countries in which we operate:
Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (Host webinars)
55 Almaden Blvd, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95113
Email: [email protected]
Integris (IT Support Provider)
2941 W 19th Ave
Denver, CO 80204
email: [email protected]
Ristl IT (IT Support Provider)
email: [email protected]
Salesforce Data Protection Officer (Salesforce Privacy Team)
415 Mission St., 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
1550 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202
email: [email protected]
- If you use our websites to register for an event or webinar organized by one of our affiliates, we may share your Personal Data with the affiliate to the extent this is required on the basis of the contract with you to process your registration and ensure your participation in the event; in such case, our affiliate will process the relevant Personal Data as a separate controller and will provide you with further information on the processing of your Personal Data, where required.
- In individual cases we may also share Personal Data with professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in countries in which we operate who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Other affiliates of Open Nuclear Network to the extent this is necessary to fulfil a request you have submitted via our websites, or for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes.
- If we are involved in a merger or reorganization or sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our assets are acquired by or gifted to another company, we may transfer some or all of your Personal Data to such third parties. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such transfer of Personal Data to an unaffiliated third party as processing of your Personal Data will be required for the purposes set out in "Purposes for which we process Personal Data and the legal bases" (see section 6).
- Any Personal Data or other information you choose to submit in communities, forums, blogs or chat rooms on our websites may be read, collected and/or used by others who visit these forums, depending on your account settings.
8. International Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States of America and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate such as Austria. We will use reasonable means to ensure that personal information is protected regardless of where your personal information may be located.
9. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection (see "Purposes for which we process Personal Data and the legal bases" section above). We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation). After the expiry of the retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will inform you and put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of the data.
10. Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
- Your rights
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These may include the following rights:
- to access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- to erase/delete your Personal Data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- to restrict our processing of your Personal Data (right to restriction of processing);
- to transfer your Personal Data to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- to object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you may exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("automated decision-making"); automated decision-making currently does not take place on our websites.
- to the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section below. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your request. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive.
In addition, if you have registered for an account with us, you may generally update your user settings, profile, organization's settings or event registration by logging into the applicable website with your username and password and editing your settings or profile. To discontinue your account and/or request the return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account, please contact us.
- Your preferences for communications
If you originally opted in to allowing us to process your Personal Data for the purpose of sending you communications and you would like to change your status, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our marketing emails. Additionally, you may unsubscribe by contacting us using the information in the "Contact Us" section below. Please note that opting out of communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationships with us, such as information about your service announcements or security information.
11. How We Secure Your Personal Data
We take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of personal information collected, used or disclosed by us using appropriate physical, organizational and technological measures.
In case of a Personal Data breach that is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you and the proper authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach and without undue delay.
While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please contact us via the "Contact Us" section below.
13. Contact Us
Open Nuclear Network, a programme of One Earth Future Foundation